Food For The Poor seeks compassionate, capable individuals to help us serve those in greatest need. Our organization relies on a dedicated staff to partner with donors in bringing relief to poverty-stricken communities.
If you are someone who feels a call to serve the poor, we encourage you to submit your resume. Listed below are the open positions at Food For The Poor:
Mail Services Associate – Inserter/Folder Operator
Food For The Poor is seeking a Mail Services Associate with experience operating an inserter and folder machine. The primary responsibilities will include setting up, operating, adjusting, troubleshooting, and maintaining an inserter machine, ensuring job quality, following postal guidelines and sorting mail.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to read and understand a job ticket
- Ability to operate a folding machine and an inserting machine
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand/walk for 95% of shift
- Team player
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a deadline driven environment
- Attention to detail
Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
Experience: At least two years of recent experience in operating mailing equipment.
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/mailservices
Production Coordinator/Print Buyer – Production
Overall Responsibilities: Execute, coordinate and manage the production of direct mail appeals and acquisitions to insure a cost effective, high quality product with on time delivery. Responsible for the entire production process from inception to completion, including but not restricted to specifications, quoting, negotiating, purchasing, proofing, job coordination (internal & external), mail tracking, reconciliation of invoices and cost analysis reports.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent data entry skills
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of printing, direct mail and USPS procedures and regulations
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong organizational ability
- Aptitude for figures
- Self starter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Detail and deadline-oriented with flexible and team player attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 15% in U.S.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: A minimum of five years’ experience in a production environment with the graphics industry with a strong background in direct mail and the purchasing of printing matter, preferably as a CSR (Account Manager) or Production Coordinator.
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/printbuyer
Clergy for our Speakers Bureau
Are you interested in preaching in the U.S. on behalf of Food For The Poor’s ministry to destitute families throughout the Caribbean and Latin America? As opportunities become available throughout the year, we hire English-speaking and bilingual (Spanish/English) Catholic and Episcopal priests and Lutheran pastors.
Your participation will open hearts to the gospel message and create public awareness of the Third World’s plight.Through your involvement, you will help Food For The Poor provide needy families with food, medicine, basic housing, education and more.
- Commitment is only for weekends
- Salary/stipend, travel and expenses provided
- No relocation necessary
- Must have permission from Bishop or Major Superior
Join the outreach of Food For The Poor today.
For more information,call Joan Vidal toll-free 877-654-2960 ext. 6419 or email email@example.com
Location: Throughout US Relocation: Not necessary Travel: Yes