Nonprofit Career Opportunities
Food For The Poor seeks compassionate, capable individuals to help us serve those in greatest need. Our organization relies on a dedicated staff to partner with donors in bringing relief to poverty-stricken communities.
If you are someone who feels a call to serve the poor, we encourage you to submit your resume. Listed below are the open positions at Food For The Poor:
- Videographer/Photographer – Public Relations Department
- Donor Services Representative
- Staff Photographer/Visual Storyteller
- Senior Development Advisor – Major Giving
- Service Advisor - Donor Relations
- Outbound Caller - Church Assignment Coordinator
- Church, School, and Community Development Project Coordinator
- Clergy for our Speakers Bureau
Videographer/Photographer – Public Relations Department
Food For The Poor, Inc. is seeking an experienced Videographer/photographer with a comprehensive skill set in video production and still photography , and the capacity to work collaboratively with a variety of groups . From concept to final production, the Videographer/photographer will successfully create compelling content for Public Relations, Press Releases, Special Events, and other corporate communications.
- Develop video and still photo projects for use in a variety of settings/formats
- Shoot video/capture audio, shoot still photos, conduct interviews, edit, produce and develop superior packages that accurately represent Food For The Poor’s work and mission
Skills and Qualifications:
- Comprehensive understanding of video production and post-production
- Stays abreast of current and up-to-date technological advances
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and self-motivated
- Ability to perform under pressure and remain calm in stressful situations
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Team player attitude
- Ability to travel up to 50% of work schedule, and work weekends and nights as needed
- Spanish language skills are desirable, but not required
- College degree in journalism or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in shooting, editing video and still photos
- Experience with PhotoMechanic, FinalCut Pro, Canon 5d Mark3, 7d Mark2 or equivalent, and DVD duplicator
- Must have experience shooting on location and in a studio, editing on FinalCut Pro and PhotoMechanic, creating simple graphics, and utilizing audio for video and radio
- Experience in scripting and with drones is helpful
To apply for this position, please visit: http://foodforthepoor.org/videographer
Donor Services Representative
If you have the kind of “gold standard” customer service skills that make people feel valued, and you are compassionate, reliable, attentive and personable, we have a great opportunity for you.
- Respond to and/or initiate telephone calls, written correspondence, or emails from/to donors and other individuals who have questions, complaints or request information
- Make changes and/or corrections to donor records and follow up on shipping of orders
- Correct and update donation information in Convio, our fundraising software program
- Process donations and requests for memorial cards, Mass offerings and special occasion events (birthday, anniversary, baptism, illness, wedding, etc.)
- Generate appropriate thank-you and memorial letters to individuals making donations
- Process various donors’ requests
- Maintain daily activity log
- Multitasking responsibilities, including answering incoming calls, making outbound calls and processing outbound correspondence using mail merge
- Perform front desk receptionist responsibilities as needed
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Donor Services Supervisor/Manager/Director
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum high school diploma
- At least three years’ experience in customer service, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask is necessary, answering phones and performing administrative duties interchangeably
- Ability to successfully complete projects and assignments in a timely fashion
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook, experience in mail merge a plus) and AS/400
- Ability to create and compose various correspondence
To apply for this position, please visit: http://foodforthepoor.org/donor-services
Staff Photographer/Visual Storyteller
Would you like to use your photojournalism expertise to help less fortunate children and families in developing countries throughout the Caribbean and Latin America? As a Staff Photographer, you'll travel throughout the countries we serve to document the need that exists, and work with the Creative Department to create compelling fundraising/marketing materials through storytelling. The work of the Staff Photographer will play a key role in fundraising to further Food For The Poor's mission to provide emergency aid and long-term development projects for the impoverished.
- Participates in travel planning meetings and for coordinating story gathering trips.
- Travels to countries served by Food For The Poor to photograph and document the plight of the poor.
- Travels with members of the Creative Department and other departments to take photographs for fundraising materials and other special circumstances.
- Takes photographs and provides photos for internal and external use as needed.
- Processes photographs and creates/maintains digital photo archive.
- Responsible for all photographic editorial functions: editing, key wording, toning, scanning, preparing files, etc. for use in fundraising and other marketing functions.
- Applies critical thinking to photo selection, story content and general fundraising ideas with the Creative team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of photography and photographic processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Team player attitude
- Ability to work in a multitude of different environments, including potentially challenging and sometimes extreme conditions in developing countries
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis
- Computer proficiency in Macintosh platform; Photoshop, archiving and related applications
- Strong ethical principles in story telling
- College degree in photography, graphic art, journalism, or related field.
- Nonprofit documentary experience a plus
- Photojournalism or documentary background preferred
- Requirement: Valid U.S. passport.
To apply for this position, please visit: http://foodforthepoor.org/photographer
Senior Development Advisor – Major Giving
Food For The Poor is seeking a seasoned fundraising professional to work in our Major Giving department. The successful candidate will develop relationships with top-tier donors to assist them in identifying and fulfilling their philanthropic goals. Through this important role, you can make a positive impact and be the change you wish to see in the world!
- Build, nurture and sustain relationships with approximately 125 individual major donors and a lesser number of prospects with major giving capacity
- Achieve individual contact, visit and financial goals
- Regularly solicit and secure five-figure gifts from major donors and prospects
- Coordinate and lead mission trips with major donors
- Work collaboratively with and in support of fundraising and other staff to fulfill organizational priorities
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic disposition and perseverance; reflect an optimistic and positive attitude; and convey sensitivity to the needs of donors and other team members
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Major Giving Department Director
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments on time and with excellence
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major giving donors in order to develop fruitful relationships
- Must have excellent listening skills and make donors or prospects feel comfortable in discussions by listening carefully and showing sensitivity to their points of view
- Must have excellent time management skills and readily do what is necessary to get a job done
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage and complete multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Interest in all aspects of serving the poor, and a dedication to promoting Food For The Poor's fundraising priorities by developing excellent relationships with donors/staff/volunteers at all levels
- Significant experience developing donor cultivation and solicitation strategies, as well as asking for major gifts in support of mission
- Computer proficiency; knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications; donor software experience highly recommended
- Enthusiasm, ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally to spend time with donors and develop relationships for the poor
- Licensed driver
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Five to seven years of successful fundraising experience with a focus on major gifts or related professional experience.
To apply for this position, please visit: http://foodforthepoor.org/advisor-majorgiving
Service Advisor – Donor Relations
Food For The Poor is looking for a compassionate, upbeat Service Advisor for our Donor Relations Department. A successful candidate is at ease with speaking over the telephone and praying with donors. The ideal candidate is a team player who is not easily discouraged and maintains a positive attitude in an energetic fundraising environment.
This is a full-time position and the hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
A passion for prayer is an essential function for the Service Advisor position.
- Make follow-up calls to donors to discuss contents of campaign appeals, follow up on Direct Mail pieces, and request donations
- Respond to questions, inquiries and prayer requests sent in by donors and offer to pray with them
- Track donor calls in the AS400/Synthesis computer program
- Stay current on Food For The Poor’s programs and services to convey information to donors in a compelling, heartfelt manner
- Make calls to donors on special occasions such as holidays, birthdays and anniversaries to congratulate, encourage and offer prayer
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability and willingness to pray with donors
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Ability to deal with positive and negative responses, handle objections, and speak with conviction about the plight of the poor
- Ability to speak persuasively with passion and integrity
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications (Outlook and Excel); AS/400 experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and sit in a chair for extended periods of time
- Ability to speak French, Spanish and/or Creole is helpful
- Time-management skills are a must
Minimum high school diploma, some college preferred
At least two years’ related experience in sales/marketing/customer service, preferably in a nonprofit environment. Fundraising experience is helpful.
To apply for this position, please visit: http://foodforthepoor.org/serviceadvisor
Outbound Caller – Church Assignment Coordinator
Our Church Assignments Department is seeking an individual with excellent customer service skills who is comfortable making outbound telephone calls to clergy and churches throughout the United States.
Obtain, schedule, and coordinate weekend assignments for Speakers to share the plight of the poor on behalf of Food For The Poor.
- Minimum High School Diploma; additional education a plus
- Experience in customer service, fundraising, marketing or the equivalent
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good writing skills
- Good office skills
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Ability to prioritize duties, manage time efficiently, multitask, remain focused on goals, and work as a team member
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications (including Excel)
To apply for this position, please visit: http://foodforthepoor.org/assignmentcoordinator
Church, School, and Community Development Project Coordinator
Are you an organized, determined, charismatic fundraiser? Are you passionate about building relationships and helping the poor? Food For The Poor is seeking a talented person with integrity who will serve as a direct link between the organization and churches, schools, and community groups that may wish to partner with Food For The Poor on relief and development projects. Your hard work will result in tremendous blessings for needy people in the Caribbean and Latin America, and also for the groups you will connect with here in the U.S.
Overall Responsibilities: Initiate, create and develop long-term relationships with groups to foster their commitment, develop partnership arrangements, increase donations and raise funds to help the poor.
- Excellent project management skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; including the ability to speak clearly and persuasively, with excellent presentation skills
- Decisive with superior problem solving skills, along with the ability to skillfully gather and analyze information
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and also within a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proficiency working cooperatively with others
- Ability to proactively identify prospects that support Food For The Poor’s mission and programs
- Strong understanding of the church and nonprofit sector to enable good networking
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships for fundraising purposes
- Ability to travel
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Education: Undergraduate degree is preferred
- A minimum of one year nonprofit fundraising experience preferred
- A minimum of three years of sales, marketing or public relations experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/churchcoordinator
Clergy for our Speakers Bureau
Are you interested in preaching in the U.S. on behalf of Food For The Poor’s ministry to destitute families throughout the Caribbean and Latin America? As opportunities become available throughout the year, we hire English-speaking and bilingual (Spanish/English) Catholic and Episcopal priests and Lutheran pastors.
Your participation will open hearts to the gospel message and create public awareness of the Third World’s plight.Through your involvement, you will help Food For The Poor provide needy families with food, medicine, basic housing, education and more.
- Commitment is only for weekends
- Salary/stipend, travel and expenses provided
- No relocation necessary
- Must have permission from Bishop or Major Superior
Join the outreach of Food For The Poor today.
For more information,call Joan Vidal toll-free 877-654-2960 ext. 6419 or email email@example.com
Location: Throughout US Relocation: Not necessary Travel: Yes