Food For The Poor seeks compassionate, capable individuals to help us serve those in greatest need. Our organization relies on a dedicated staff to partner with donors in bringing relief to poverty-stricken communities.
If you are someone who feels a call to serve the poor, we encourage you to submit your resume. Listed below are the open positions at Food For The Poor:
Development Advisor – Donor Relations
Food For The Poor is looking for a compassionate, upbeat person to work in our Donor Relations department. At ease with speaking over the telephone and praying with donors, the ideal candidate is a team player who is not easily discouraged and maintains a positive attitude in an energetic fundraising environment.
The hours for this position are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 12:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.; and 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Friday.
A passion for prayer is an essential function of the Development Advisor.
- Maintain and develop assigned portfolio of major/high donors to raise their level of giving
- Call major/high donors for presentations, projects, major campaigns, emergency appeals, thank you’s, and surveys
- Respond to questions, inquiries and prayer requests sent in by donors and offer to pray with them
- Track donor calls in the AS400/TelAthena computer program
- Stay current on Food For The Poor’s programs and services to convey information to donors in a compelling, heartfelt manner
- Pray with donors over the phone for special needs and special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability and willingness to pray with donors
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Ability to deal with positive and negative responses, handle objections, and speak with conviction about the plight of the poor
- Ability to speak persuasively with passion and integrity
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications (Outlook and Excel) AS/400 literacy a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Time-management skills a must
Education: Minimum high school diploma, some college preferred
Experience: At least two years related experience in sales/marketing/customer service, preferably in a nonprofit environment. Fundraising experience helpful.
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/development advisor
Production Coordinator/Print Buyer – Production
Overall Responsibilities: Execute, coordinate and manage the production of direct mail appeals and acquisitions to insure a cost effective, high quality product with on time delivery. Responsible for the entire production process from inception to completion, including but not restricted to specifications, quoting, negotiating, purchasing, proofing, job coordination (internal & external), mail tracking, reconciliation of invoices and cost analysis reports.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent data entry skills
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of printing, direct mail and USPS procedures and regulations
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong organizational ability
- Aptitude for figures
- Self starter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Detail and deadline-oriented with flexible and team player attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 15% in U.S.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: A minimum of five years’ experience in a production environment with the graphics industry with a strong background in direct mail and the purchasing of printing matter, preferably as a CSR (Account Manager) or Production Coordinator.
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/printbuyer
Would youlike to use your photojournalism expertise to help less fortunate children andfamilies in developing countries throughout the Caribbean and Latin America? As a Staff Photographer, you’ll travel throughout the countries we serve to document the need that exists, and work with the Creative Department to create compelling fundraising materials through storytelling. Your work will play akey role in furthering Food For The Poor’s mission to provide emergency aid andlong-term development projects for the impoverished.
- Participates in planning story gathering trips.
- Travels to countries served by Food For The Poorto photograph and document the plight of the poor.
- Travels with members of the Creative Departmentand other departments to take photographs for fundraising materials.
- Takes photographs and provides photos forinternal and external use as needed.
- Processes photographs and creates/maintainsdigital photo library. Responsible for all photographic editorial functions:selections, scanning, preparing files, etc. for use in fundraising and othermarketing functions.
- Applies critical thinking to photo selection,story content and general fundraising ideas with the Creative team.
- Expert knowledge of photography and photographic processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Team player attitude
- Ability to work in a multitude of different environments, including potentially challenging and sometimes extreme conditions in developing countries
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis
- Computer proficiency in Macintosh platform; Photoshop and related applications
- Strong ethical principles in story telling
Education: College degree in photography, graphic art, journalism, or related field.
Experience: Photojournalism, journalism or documentary background preferred. Newspaper experience preferable.
Requirement: Valid U.S. passport.
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/photographer
Clergy for our Speakers Bureau
Are you interested in preaching in the U.S. on behalf of Food For The Poor’s ministry to destitute families throughout the Caribbean and Latin America? As opportunities become available throughout the year, we hire English-speaking and bilingual (Spanish/English) Catholic and Episcopal priests and Lutheran pastors.
Your participation will open hearts to the gospel message and create public awareness of the Third World’s plight.Through your involvement, you will help Food For The Poor provide needy families with food, medicine, basic housing, education and more.
- Commitment is only for weekends
- Salary/stipend, travel and expenses provided
- No relocation necessary
- Must have permission from Bishop or Major Superior
Join the outreach of Food For The Poor today.
For more information,call Joan Vidal toll-free 877-654-2960 ext. 6419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Throughout US Relocation: Not necessary Travel: Yes