Nonprofit Career Opportunities
Food For The Poor seeks compassionate, capable individuals to help us serve those in greatest need. Our organization relies on a dedicated staff to partner with donors in bringing relief to poverty-stricken communities.
If you are someone who feels a call to serve the poor, we encourage you to submit your resume. Listed below are the open positions at Food For The Poor:
- Receptionist - Donor Services Department
- Training Specialist
- Help Desk Support Specialist
- Church, School, and Community Development Project Coordinator
- Production Coordinator/Print Buyer – Production
- Director of Special Events
- Field Representative – Major Giving
- Clergy for our Speakers Bureau
Receptionist – Donor Services Department
If you have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service, our Donor Services Department wants you! We are looking for a professional, poised receptionist with strong organizational and administrative skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a keen attention to detail.
- Answer incoming calls on a multi-line phone system while providing superior support to visitors and donors both in person and on the phone.
- Handle administrative duties with confidentiality while monitoring the front desk
- Meet and greet visitors to Food For The Poor
- Monitor all employees entering the facility
- Maintain a visitors log and issue visitation badges when necessary
- Use paging system and intercom system
- Minimum of high school diploma
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a receptionist in a professional environment
- Past experience working in an office environment is required
- Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow through
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/receptionist
Training Specialist – Human Resources
Do you thrive on challenges and enjoy helping others? Have you successfully implemented and managed training and development programs while juggling multiple other projects? Does multitasking seem like second nature to you? Food For The Poor is seeking a dynamic and professional individual to handle trainings for our staff.
Overall Responsibilities: This position is responsible for developing, coordinating, and delivering training programs to our most important asset – our employees. In addition, this position will assist the Director of Human Resources with projects to maintain and enhance the Human Resources Department. This is a full-time position.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Self-directed, motivated, proactive thinker with exceptional listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and deliver training programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in public speaking – in front of the room facilitation and training others
- Strong execution (pragmatic, well organized, efficient)
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Must be able to interface with all levels of the organization
- Enthusiasm for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills; ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures with a mindset for continuous improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must lead by example and maintain neutrality when working through HR issues and topics
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, human resources or related field; Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
Experience: Eight to 10 years of Human Resources experience, including three to five years’ training experience.
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/trainingspecialist
Help Desk Support Specialist
Our Information Systems Department is seeking an experienced Help Desk Specialist. If you enjoy providing support to end users on a variety of issues, and are skilled at identifying, researching and resolving technical problems, please apply online. This is a full-time position and the hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Overall Responsibilities: Provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware or software. Respond to telephone calls, emails and inquiries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine/implement solutions.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficiency in MS Office applications required
- Good knowledge of troubleshooting PC and printer issues
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize issues
- Team player
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
Education: Minimum high school diploma. Additional post-high school courses preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year help desk or hands-on technical experience troubleshooting in a medium to large business environment. Experience with Apple Macintosh and Mitel telephone systems a plus.
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/helpdesk
Church, School, and Community Development Project Coordinator
Are you an organized, determined, charismatic fundraiser? Are you passionate about building relationships and helping the poor? Food For The Poor is seeking a talented person with integrity who will serve as a direct link between the organization and churches, schools, and community groups that may wish to partner with Food For The Poor on relief and development projects. Your hard work will result in tremendous blessings for needy people in the Caribbean and Latin America, and also for the groups you will connect with here in the U.S.
Overall Responsibilities: Initiate, create and develop long-term relationships with groups to foster their commitment, develop partnership arrangements, increase donations and raise funds to help the poor.
- Excellent project management skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; including the ability to speak clearly and persuasively, with excellent presentation skills
- Decisive with superior problem solving skills, along with the ability to skillfully gather and analyze information
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and also within a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proficiency working cooperatively with others
- Ability to proactively identify prospects that support Food For The Poor’s mission and programs
- Strong understanding of the church and nonprofit sector to enable good networking
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships for fundraising purposes
- Ability to travel
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Education: Undergraduate degree is preferred
- A minimum of one year nonprofit fundraising experience preferred
- A minimum of three years of sales, marketing or public relations experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/churchcoordinator
Production Coordinator/Print Buyer – Production
Overall Responsibilities: Execute, coordinate and manage the production of direct mail appeals and acquisitions to insure a cost effective, high quality product with on time delivery. Responsible for the entire production process from inception to completion, including but not restricted to specifications, quoting, negotiating, purchasing, proofing, job coordination (internal & external), mail tracking, reconciliation of invoices and cost analysis reports.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of printing, direct mail and USPS procedures and regulations
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong organizational ability
- Aptitude for figures
- Self starter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Detail and deadline-oriented with flexible and team player attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 15% in U.S.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: A minimum of five years’ experience in a production environment with the graphics industry with a strong background in direct mail and the purchasing of printing matter, preferably as a CSR (Account Manager) or Production Coordinator
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/productioncoordinator
Director of Special Events
Do you have a proven track record of managing a Special Events team, planning and implementing cost effective, event-driven fundraising campaigns through corporate sponsorship, committees, and private donations, all while also working to acquire new donors? If so, we have an opportunity of a lifetime for you!
- Manage the Special Events Department’s activities and staff
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the department, including development, strategic planning, and cost control/budgeting
- Direct and oversee the department’s event activities throughout the country, with an emphasis on acquiring new donors (both individual and corporate), while also attaining a higher level of commitment, participation, and charitable giving from existing donors
- Help create a positive awareness of Food For The Poor through event activities
- Expand existing events, create new events, and develop new opportunities in the Florida market
- BS or BA degree in marketing or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in fundraising, marketing, sales, public relations, or event coordination with a successful track record in a wide spectrum of events
- Major gifts and nonprofit experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of fundraising, marketing, finance, major gifts solicitation, and donor relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, including public relations and diplomacy
- Strong organizational, time management and negotiating skills, schedule driven, detail oriented
- Creative and self-motivated
- Strategic planning skills
- Supervisory skills, including hiring, training, and motivating staff
- Flexible with ability and willingness to travel
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and AS400 database systems, plus Internet and social media proficiency required
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/eventsdirector
Field Representative – Major Giving
Food For The Poor FFP seeks a seasoned Major Gifts professional to work with top-tier donors to assist them in identifying and fulfilling their philanthropic goals. Through this important role, you can make a positive impact and be the change you wish to see in the world!
- Responsible for soliciting major gifts to FFP
- Manage relationships with approximately 100 - 125 donors, and identify, cultivate, solicit and inspire these friends of FFP
- Work collaboratively with and in support of donors/volunteers, other development staff, and other representatives of FFP to work toward organizational priorities
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the five-figure range
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Demonstrate empathetic disposition and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of donors
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major-giving donors in order to develop lasting relationships
- Must have excellent time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, manage and complete multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Interest in all aspects of serving the poor and a dedication to promoting FFP’s fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships with donors/staff /volunteers at all levels
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments
- Computer savvy; knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications; donor software experience highly recommended
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally to visit donors
- Licensed driver
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
Experience: Five years of successful fundraising or similar experience
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/fieldrep
Clergy for our Speakers Bureau
Are you interested in preaching in the U.S. on behalf of Food For The Poor’s ministry to destitute families throughout the Caribbean and Latin America? As opportunities become available throughout the year, we hire English-speaking and bilingual (Spanish/English) Catholic and Episcopal priests and Lutheran pastors.
Your participation will open hearts to the gospel message and create public awareness of the Third World’s plight.Through your involvement, you will help Food For The Poor provide needy families with food, medicine, basic housing, education and more.
- Commitment is only for weekends
- Salary/stipend, travel and expenses provided
- No relocation necessary
- Must have permission from Bishop or Major Superior
Join the outreach of Food For The Poor today.
For more information,call Joan Vidal toll-free 877-654-2960 ext. 6419 or email email@example.com
Location: Throughout US Relocation: Not necessary Travel: Yes