Nonprofit Career Opportunities
Food For The Poor seeks compassionate, capable individuals to help us serve those in greatest need. Our organization relies on a dedicated staff to partner with donors in bringing relief to poverty-stricken communities.
If you are someone who feels a call to serve the poor, we encourage you to submit your resume. Listed below are the open positions at Food For The Poor:
- Outbound Caller - Church Assignment Coordinator
- Sponsorship and Events Manager - Special Events
- Director of Speakers
- Estate Settlement Assistant - Planned Giving
- Administrative Assistant – Data Management Angels Of Hope Department
- Church, School, and Community Development Project Coordinator
- Clergy for our Speakers Bureau
Outbound Caller – Church Assignment Coordinator
Our Church Assignments Department is seeking an individual with excellent customer service skills who is comfortable making outbound telephone calls to clergy and churches throughout the United States.
Obtain, schedule, and coordinate weekend assignments for Speakers to share the plight of the poor on behalf of Food For The Poor.
- Minimum High School Diploma; additional education a plus
- Experience in customer service, fundraising, marketing or the equivalent
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good writing skills
- Good office skills
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Ability to prioritize duties, manage time efficiently, multitask, remain focused on goals, and work as a team member
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications (including Excel)
To apply for this position, please visit: http://foodforthepoor.org/assignmentcoordinator
Sponsorship and Events Manager – Special Events
Use your fundraising, development, networking and event planning experience to serve the poor in the Caribbean and Latin America through Food For The Poor. You will be hands-on in the planning, execution and development of multiple events, both locally and nationally. Be a part of making a difference in the lives of others.
Food for the Poor is seeking a seasoned professional to support its event fundraising efforts through the development and growth of sponsorships and individual/business/corporate donations for all events. The candidate will be responsible for raising funds and in-kind donations/auction items to ensure financially successful events to meet budgetary goals within our Special Events Department. While a successful candidate will have the responsibility of securing funds to support all events, the primary focus is garnering major support for events held in Florida.
The Sponsorships and Events Manager is responsible for developing leads, securing up to six-figure sponsorships, actively engaging with committee members, and refining/developing income generating components that will increase overall funding to reach the set goals for each event.
The Sponsorships and Events Manager will also assist the Director of Special Events with overall responsibilities, including the creation and oversight of fundraising events such as annual galas, dinners, receptions, food packing and endurance events; development of new and current fundraising initiatives in partnership with the Special Events team; create and maintain additional fundraising initiatives; and establish and maintain prospective and current donor relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in fundraising, marketing, sales, public relations and event coordination, with a successful track record in a wide spectrum of events. Proven fundraising experience, sponsor acquisition, relationship management and retention are required
- Sponsorship sales and major gifts experience in a nonprofit setting is preferred
- Possess a keen understanding of the local business and philanthropic landscape
- Ability to communicate and effectively persuade business and community leaders
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Effective communicator with ties to business and community leaders
- Ability to work independently and as a team player to meet agreed upon objectives
- Proven effectiveness in securing significant sponsorship and donation support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in prioritizing work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Successful fundraising record that includes securing numerous four- and five-figure gifts
- Enthusiastic, flexible and able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
To apply for this position, please visit: www.foodforthepoor.org/sponsorshipandeventsmanager
Director of Speakers
Do you have experience with church ministry and management, mission outreach and communicating with various clergy? If so, there is an exciting opportunity available for you at Food For The Poor to help enhance existing church relationships, build new ones and serve those in greatest need.
The Director of Speakers will be responsible for creating procedures to hire Roman Catholic priests to meet current and planned demand for Catholic Church assignments. The Director of Speakers is also responsible for acquiring Episcopal and Lutheran speakers to meet the demand of fulfilling all speaking engagements. The Director of Speakers will also coordinate training for all speakers to reach desired fundraising performance levels while spreading the message of serving those in need in the countries where Food For The Poor serves.
The Director of Speakers will be responsible to lead the Speakers Department to acquire contributions and donors through speaking engagements at churches of various denominations in the United States. The Director of Speakers will measure and hold speakers accountable to achieve fundraising goals at weekend assignments, efficiently and cost-effectively organize travel arrangements for the various speaking assignments, and analyze speaker results for each assignment.
The Director of Speakers will also be responsible to develop the relationships with Archdioceses, Dioceses and Ordinaries, while working with the Executive Director to create a yearly department budget and strategize ways to improve relationships with all denominations throughout the United States.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree; degree in Ministry preferred
- At least five years of management experience in a related field with a proven track record in obtaining results and developing staff
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with clergy at all levels and across various denominations
- Ability to create and manage budgets
- Outgoing and dynamic managerial skills
- Ability to create/implement projects and training programs to enhance the fundraising potential of speakers at assignments
- Ability and willingness to travel oversees on mission trips and domestically as needed
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/directorofspeakers
Estate Settlement Assistant – Planned Giving
Do you have experience working in the legal field? Do you have knowledge of estate planning including Wills and Trusts? If so, Food For The Poor has a unique opportunity for you in our Planned Giving Department. We are in need of a team player to help process bequests and work collaboratively with attorneys.
Assist the Planned Giving Manager in maintaining contact with Food For The Poor’s attorney and managing bequests.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High level of proficiency in all Microsoft applications
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective relationship building skills
- Aptitude for figures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Minimum high school diploma required
- At least two years of additional studies in related field preferred
- Legal assistant experience in the office of a legal professional
- Knowledge of wills, trusts, estate tax and gift tax laws a plus
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/estatesettlementassistant
Administrative Assistant – Data Management Angels Of Hope Department
Food For The Poor is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant who is a great multitasker and possesses excellent customer service and data entry skills. This is a full-time position, and the hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Provide administrative support for the Angels Of Hope Department, including the processing of all enrollment data, managing pledge and sponsorship data, data entry, and providing customer service to sponsor phone calls and emails.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and solve issues
- Proven ability to multitask
- Excellent data management skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Adobe Photoshop
Education: Minimum High School Diploma
Previous administrative/customer service/data entry experience required
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/angelsofhopeassistant
Church, School, and Community Development Project Coordinator
Are you an organized, determined, charismatic fundraiser? Are you passionate about building relationships and helping the poor? Food For The Poor is seeking a talented person with integrity who will serve as a direct link between the organization and churches, schools, and community groups that may wish to partner with Food For The Poor on relief and development projects. Your hard work will result in tremendous blessings for needy people in the Caribbean and Latin America, and also for the groups you will connect with here in the U.S.
Overall Responsibilities: Initiate, create and develop long-term relationships with groups to foster their commitment, develop partnership arrangements, increase donations and raise funds to help the poor.
- Excellent project management skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; including the ability to speak clearly and persuasively, with excellent presentation skills
- Decisive with superior problem solving skills, along with the ability to skillfully gather and analyze information
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and also within a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proficiency working cooperatively with others
- Ability to proactively identify prospects that support Food For The Poor’s mission and programs
- Strong understanding of the church and nonprofit sector to enable good networking
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships for fundraising purposes
- Ability to travel
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Education: Undergraduate degree is preferred
- A minimum of one year nonprofit fundraising experience preferred
- A minimum of three years of sales, marketing or public relations experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/churchcoordinator
Clergy for our Speakers Bureau
Are you interested in preaching in the U.S. on behalf of Food For The Poor’s ministry to destitute families throughout the Caribbean and Latin America? As opportunities become available throughout the year, we hire English-speaking and bilingual (Spanish/English) Catholic and Episcopal priests and Lutheran pastors.
Your participation will open hearts to the gospel message and create public awareness of the Third World’s plight.Through your involvement, you will help Food For The Poor provide needy families with food, medicine, basic housing, education and more.
- Commitment is only for weekends
- Salary/stipend, travel and expenses provided
- No relocation necessary
- Must have permission from Bishop or Major Superior
Join the outreach of Food For The Poor today.
For more information,call Joan Vidal toll-free 877-654-2960 ext. 6419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Throughout US Relocation: Not necessary Travel: Yes