How to Donate Stocks
Thank you very much for your interest in donating securities to Food For The Poor, Inc. We indeed appreciate this type of donation and are prepared to handle it efficiently.
Have a brokerage account?
The most practical and efficient way to make the donation is to approach your stockbrokers and request them to transfer the stock electronically to our broker. Below is our account information required to transfer your stocks:
- Broker: UBS Financial Services, Inc.
- UBS Financial Services’ DTC #0221 (you must advise your stockbroker of this number)
- Contact at UBS Financial Services: Mr. Richard Albert, Vice President - Investments
- Contact phone number: (561) 367-1841 or (800) 937-7071
- Contact FAX number: (855) 261-5189
- Email: Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food For The Poor’s Tax ID #: 59-2174510
Upon making your donation it is critical that you email us at email@example.com and inform us of the following information to properly process your gift and thank you accordingly:
The name of the stock(s)
The number of shares
Don’t have a brokerage account?
If you do not have a brokerage account and have the original stock certificate in your possession, please sign it in the appropriate place on the back of the certificate, exactly as your name appears in the front (If the certificate bears the names of two persons, both must sign).
Have your signature(s) guaranteed by any bank or broker (a Medallion guarantee is required) and mail it to us along with a stock power also obtained from any broker. If you do not send the stock power, upon receipt of your shares, our stockbroker will assist you with any additional documentation or steps to be taken.
Should you need additional information or assistance, please contact us at (954) 427-2222 and ask for Customer Service or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.