Employment — Non-profit Career Opportunities
Food For The Poor seeks compassionate, capable individuals to help us further our mission of serving those in greatest need. Our organization relies on a dedicated staff to partner with donors in bringing relief to poverty-stricken communities.
If you’re someone who feels a call to serve the poor by offering time and talent in one of the jobs listed below, we encourage you to submit your resume for that position.
National Director of Special Events
Do you have a proven track record of managing a Special Events team, planning and implementing cost effective, event-driven fundraising campaigns through corporate sponsorship, committees, and private donations, all while also working to acquire new donors? If so, we have an opportunity of a lifetime for you!
- Manage the Special Events Department’s activities and staff
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the department, including development, strategic planning, and cost control/budgeting
- Direct and oversee the department’s event activities throughout the country, with an emphasis on acquiring new donors (both individual and corporate), while also attaining a higher level of commitment, participation, and charitable giving from existing donors
- Help create a positive awareness of Food For The Poor through event activities
- Expand existing events, create new events, and develop new opportunities in the Florida market
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/nationaldirector
- BS or BA degree in marketing or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in fundraising, marketing, sales, public relations, or event coordination with a successful track record in a wide spectrum of events
- Major gifts and nonprofit experience highly desirable
- Knowledge of fundraising, marketing, finance, major gifts solicitation, and donor relations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, including public relations and diplomacy
- Strong organizational, time management and negotiating skills, schedule driven, detail oriented
- Creative and self-motivated
- Strategic planning skills
- Supervisory skills, including hiring, training, and motivating staff
- Flexible with ability and willingness to travel
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook and AS400 database systems, plus Internet and social media proficiency required
Church, School, and Community Development Project Coordinator
Are you an organized, determined, charismatic fundraiser? Are you passionate about building relationships and helping the poor? Food For The Poor is seeking a talented person with integrity who will serve as a direct link between the organization and churches, schools, and community groups that may wish to partner with Food For The Poor on relief and development projects. Your hard work will result in tremendous blessings for needy people in the Caribbean and Latin America, and also for the groups you will connect with here in the U.S.
Overall Responsibilities: Initiate, create and develop long-term relationships with groups to foster their commitment, develop partnership arrangements, increase donations and raise funds to help the poor.
- Excellent project management skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; including the ability to speak clearly and persuasively, with excellent presentation skills
- Decisive with superior problem solving skills, along with the ability to skillfully gather and analyze information
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and also within a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proficiency working cooperatively with others
- Ability to proactively identify prospects that support Food For The Poor’s mission and programs
- Strong understanding of the nonprofit sector to enable good networking
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships for fundraising purposes
- Ability to travel
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Undergraduate degree is preferred
- A minimum of three years of sales, marketing, public relations, or fundraising experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/churchcoordinator
Assignment Coordinator – Speakers Bureau
Our Speakers Bureau is seeking an individual with excellent customer service skills who is comfortable making outbound telephone calls to clergy and churches throughout the United States.
Obtain, schedule, and coordinate weekend assignments for Speakers to share the plight of the poor on behalf of Food For The Poor.
- Minimum High School Diploma; additional education a plus
- Experience in customer service, fundraising, marketing or the equivalent
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good writing skills
- Good office skills
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Ability to prioritize duties, manage time efficiently, multitask, remain focused on goals, and work as a team member
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications (including Excel)
To apply for this position, please visit: www.FoodForThePoor.org/assignment
Responsible for conceptualization and design of direct mail campaigns as well as all other fundraising print materials such as brochures, catalogs, posters, invitations and advertisements. Materials created will support all departments within the organization and must utilize Food For The Poor’s look and identity. Other responsibilities include creating program materials, branding of special events and graphics for the Web, as well as preparing files for high volume print production.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Solid conceptualization, design and artistic ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to multi-task
- Detail and deadline-oriented with flexible and team player attitude and ability to work under pressure
- Aptitude to take direction
- Strong skills in Mac platform Adobe CS5 Suite (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat) – font management, photo archiving systems
- Strong knowledge of print production and pre-press
Education: Degree in graphic design or related field with ongoing education to keep up to date on all relevant computer programs and trends.
Experience: A minimum of five years’ experience in direct mail/print industry. Fundraising background preferred, but not required.
To apply for this position, please visit:
Campaign Advisor – Donor Relations
Food For The Poor is looking for a compassionate, upbeat Campaign Advisor for our Donor Relations Department. At ease with speaking over the telephone and praying with donors, the ideal candidate is a team player who is not easily discouraged and maintains a positive attitude in an energetic fundraising environment. The hours for this position are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 12:00 pm – 8:30 pm; Wednesday and Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
- Make follow-up calls to donors to discuss contents of campaign appeals, follow up on direct mail pieces, and request donations
- Respond to questions, inquiries, and prayer requests sent in by donors and offer to pray with them
- Track donor calls in the AS400/TelAthena computer program
- Stay current on Food for the Poor’s programs and services to convey information to donors in a compelling, heartfelt manner
- Minimum high school diploma
- At least two years related experience in sales/marketing/customer service, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Fundraising experience
- Ability and willingness to pray with donors
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Ability to deal with positive and negative responses and speak with conviction about the plight of the poor
- Ability to speak persuasively with passion and integrity
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications (Outlook and Excel) and the AS/400
- Ability to use TelAthena
- Ability to work independently and sit in chair for extended periods
- Ability to speak French, Spanish and/or Creole helpful
- Time management skills a must
To apply for this position, please visit:
Clergy for our Speakers Bureau
Are you interested in preaching in the U.S. on behalf of Food For The Poor’s ministry to destitute families throughout the Caribbean and Latin America? As opportunities become available throughout the year, we hire English-speaking and bilingual (Spanish/English) Catholic and Episcopal priests and Lutheran pastors.
Your participation will open hearts to the gospel message and create public awareness of the Third World’s plight. Through your involvement, you will help Food For The Poor provide needy families with food, medicine, basic housing, education and more.
- Commitment is only for weekends
- Salary/stipend, travel and expenses provided
- No relocation necessary
- Must have permission from Bishop or Major Superior
Share the Gospel * Serve the Poor * Join the outreach of Food For The Poor
Join the outreach of Food For The Poor today.
For more information, call Joan Vidal toll-free 877-654-2960 ext. 6419 or email email@example.com
Location: Throughout US Relocation: Not necessary Travel: Yes