Benefits of Donating
Gifts in Kind donations to Food For The Poor not only benefit the recipients; they also provide donors with a charitable giving option that offers several benefits as well as peace of mind:
- Donated goods reach those who need them most. Because of our efficient distribution infrastructure, Food For The Poor is able to deliver specific, need-appropriate goods to particular areas. Our offices in Jamaica, Haiti and Guyana — as well as our longstanding relationships with reputable nonprofit organizations in the countries we serve — help facilitate this.
- Donors are provided with detailed follow-up reporting (and in some cases pictures and stories) of the donated items. Our staff is skilled in shipping and distribution, and we perform spot-check verification procedures to ensure that goods are delivered as intended and not sold in local markets.
- Food For The Poor can assist donors in their humanitarian efforts and help them make a meaningful difference in the lives of the poor. Our organization can serve as a helpful conduit for a group’s charitable giving, and can further the group’s efforts to make the world a better place.
- Gift-in-kind donations are often environmentally friendly. For example, we work with schools around the U.S. to recycle used dorm and classroom furniture; rather than being thrown away, these furnishings find a valuable second use.
- Donations to Food For The Poor are tax-deductible under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Learn more about Gifts In Kind success stories