Update: Bahamas Relief Drop-off Locations
COCONUT CREEK, Fla. (Oct. 9, 2015) – Food For The Poor and the South Florida Rick Case Automotive Group earlier this week announced a joint drive to collect canned foods for Bahamas relief.
The charity is asking for canned meats, canned fish, and canned milk. Canned goods can be brought to the charity at 6401 Lyons Road, Coconut Creek, Fl, 33073. Perishable items cannot be accepted. Drop-off hours are weekdays between 9 a.m. and noon, and 1 to 4:30 p.m.
Rick Case drop-off points from now until Oct. 18 are:
• Rick Case Honda, 15700 Rick Case Honda Way, Davie, FL 33331
• Rick Case Honda Powerhouse, 15712 SW 41st St., Davie, FL 33331
• Rick Case Hyundai, 3550 Weston Road, Davie, FL 33331
• Rick Case Hyundai, 925 N. State Road 7, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317
• Rick Case Acura, 875 N. State Road 7, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317
• Rick Case Alfa Romeo Fiat, 3500 Weston Road, Davie, FL 33331
• Rick Case Volkswagen, 3520 Weston Road, Davie, FL 33331
• Rick Case Kia, 14500 W. Sunrise Blvd., Sunrise, FL 33323
Women Supporting Women is also accepting donations for the canned food drive at 1875 N. Corporate Lakes Blvd., Weston, FL 33326.
Food For The Poor also has established a site for those who want to donate rather than deliver the canned goods. It is www.foodforthepoor.org/bahamasrelief.
Food For The Poor, named by The Chronicle of Philanthropy as the largest international relief and development organization in the nation, does much more than feed millions of the hungry poor in 17 countries of the Caribbean and Latin America. This interdenominational Christian ministry provides emergency relief assistance, clean water, medicines, educational materials, homes, support for orphans and the aged, skills training and micro-enterprise development assistance, with more than 95 percent of all donations going directly to programs that help the poor. For more information, please visit www.FoodForThePoor.org.
Director of Public Relations
954-427-2222 x 6614