Smoke-Free House for a Sick Little Girl

Six-year-old Lusli used to sleep in a shack where the air was thick with smoke from an indoor cooking fire. Her mom, Sonia, despaired because her daughter suffered from breathing problems from the smoke.

Little Lusli almost died when her lungs collapsed. Because she is poor, all Sonia could do was take her to a free hospital, and pray.

Thanks to God’s mercy and the kindness of Food For The Poor donors, Lusli and her family now have a new Food For The Poor home! They live in a safe, secure house with an outdoor kitchen and solar-powered lighting. Without suffering from the smoky atmosphere she once endured, Lusli’s life is looking much brighter.